"Weapon View" & "Look At Target" keys don't work.

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
456CYR
Trunk Monkey

"Weapon View" & "Look At Target" keys don't work.

Post by 456CYR »

Just as the title says, in both base I76 and Nitro. I have them set to Insert and Home but hitting those keys does jack. Any ideas?
Lightfoot
Legend of Sorts

Re: "Weapon View" & "Look At Target" keys don't work.

Post by Lightfoot »

If I'm following: "Weapon view" is F11 by default and only works when the ordinance is in the air. Try it with a Dr. Radar missile and no target. F5 is the default "Look at Target" key and works on the vehicle you have targeted. Not sure what else you may be after? Let me know.
-Lightfoot

http://twitch.tv/dsavage66
http://discord.me/ultrafunk

If only you could see what I've seen...
456CYR
Trunk Monkey

Post by 456CYR »

The F keys work fine, that's odd to say the least.
DIVER
Vigilante

Post by DIVER »

Toggle weapon cam : This is a key for turret camera on/off. Work properly only in i76 original 8bit mode. (not same as F11 projectile cam)
dunno for version 1.08x and Gold edition. And not functional in 8/16bit mode of NitroPack.
You have to be in F1 driver view and target someone(AI) then press this key changes rader monitor to turret camera.
in i76 original : turret cam shows all structure/objects and targetted car. work poor for quick maneuver. looks like small night vision.
in nitropack : turret cam shows only bullets both in 8/16bit ( no use at all)

Look at Target : while pressing this key, you will keep watching a target (have to be in F1 driver view) Unlike to look right/left key, when you use
this function no handgun enabled but all hardpoints works fine. With Binoscope this key tracks the target very smooth. but weak for height difference.
BTW, Insert key is not the key you might thinking... it is NumPad Ins. key = NumPad 0
456CYR
Trunk Monkey

Post by 456CYR »

Funny you mention that, because the numpad equivs did nothing as well. The F keys work so all is well. Interesting to hear about that other camera view you mentioned that only works in 8 bit mode, it wouldn't happen to be this one, would it?
KIV 6051 [SH]
Legend

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

Lightfoot wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:55 pm If I'm following: "Weapon view" is F11 by default and only works when the ordinance is in the air. Try it with a Dr. Radar missile and no target. F5 is the default "Look at Target" key and works on the vehicle you have targeted. Not sure what else you may be after? Let me know.
The configurable Look at Target function is the one that can only be used from F1 view but the programmers designed it as a push-and-hold function, and newer versions of Windows beyond XP SP(?) assume the Num 0 button being held down gotta be some kinda mistake, right? So, I s*** you not, if you try this function once, Windows, the bestest OS eva, will jerry-rig the registry to ignore that button being held down ever again. :mrgreen: Good job, M1cr050ft! :roll: This is also true if you use Num 0 through a game controller button mapper. If you find a button assignment for this function that doesn't make Windows assume and do stupid s***, please let me know.

Fun fact: Look at Target puts you in the driver's seat better than any other view, and is unique to Interstate '76, Interstate '76: Nitro Pack... and possibly Mech Warrior II (sorry I haven't played MWII in many years)