Set up using the guide - highlighting a couple of issues

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
[AA-L] Nitemare
Road Toad

Set up using the guide - highlighting a couple of issues

Post by [AA-L] Nitemare »

Hey chaps,

Right i've just set up Nitro using the excellent guide for Windows 7.

I'm currently on my laptop as I no longer have a working desktop (noob) and I've had a couple of issues which I will outline:

Everything went smoothly until it came to setting up the Nitro shortcut on the desktop, I don't have the following options in the as stated in the guide..

Check Disable visual themes
Check Disable destkop composition

No idea why, but I would suggest this is why I cannot run the game in 3dfx or D3D.

Everything is working fine in software graphics though, achieving 30fps but it does have some offline 'lag' to begin with (during contact with vehicles, and during spawning in offline melee).

If anyone can offer a pointer, it would be excellent to get 3dfx going. It does launch with the '3dfx' logo to start with, but then immediately crashes when the game launch begins. Same with Direct 3d.

In addition to this I am getting a warning of 'insufficient memory' UNLESS I open Chrome AND open the desktop resolution before launch, the game wont run at all.

Having got the game running I've set it up to run on the server, everything seems fine there. Hopefully going to test it shortly with another player.

I shall report back.

ps. The guide is fantastic and very easy to follow through, fantastic work.
Negative. I mean, I just fixed it.
[AA-L] Nitemare
Road Toad

Online test complete

Post by [AA-L] Nitemare »

OK, just been for a test run with Ride (thanks man) and all seemed fine for the online!

Hopefully I'll be able to do some Friday matches with you guys at some point.
Negative. I mean, I just fixed it.