How to run I76 on xp @UPTO 1280x960 (56k beware)

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
KIV 6051 [SH]
Legend

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

What I have to do whenever I've tweaked the glide wrapper (which I'm going to stop now since it's not going to look any better) is after I try to run the game, the screen will turn black, then I turn on Windows 95 compatibility, then it will work, then I turn it off, and it will work again. It's screwy but it's the only thing I discovered to getting around that nasty road block.
By the way, phatty2x4, I would like to present to you your coupon that you've won for the entire internet, but my image host is having problems so I can't quite yet. :(
phatty2x4
Vigilante

Post by phatty2x4 »

:lol: hehe thanks
KIV 6051 [SH]
Legend

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

Am I the only one who's textures get mismanaged after a couple of minutes? I decided to go from force trilinear to generate mipmaps to see if it makes any difference but I can't test it out just yet.
Vgamer
Trunk Monkey

Post by Vgamer »

I get screwed up textures as well, haven't been able to figure out why or a way around that yet.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
KIV 6051 [SH]
Legend

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

The only way I've found to fix it so far is to simply change something in the menu and change it back, then exit the menu. All of the textures get reset.
Edit: generate mipmaps seems to do the trick. 8)
KIV 6051 [SH]
Legend

Highly relevant bump

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

Generate mipmaps doesn't really fix anything, the problem starts when fire is in view for some reason. The best solution I've found is to just tap Esc twice.
Also, this is very important:
If you're having problems with the screen staying black after exiting the game in XP, then do the following:
Right click on nitro.exe, or on the other respective I'76 EXEs
Select properties
Select compatibility
Check the box next to "disable visual themes"
Click apply
Click ok

Also, do not exit directly from the game. Instead, exit to the game menu screen, then to the desktop. If you get a black screen, try pressing Alt + tab, tab.
Diamond
Vigilante

Post by Diamond »

hey guys, this is just AWESOME. i'll definately try to make this week's TNE! much love goes to ya phatty2x4
Ataraxia
Vigilante

Post by Ataraxia »

ZOMG NITRO WORKING! :D [Capslock does not full express my fangirly joy]

It only lets me do 640x480 though :/ I'm using an old backup CD, so it wont let me TRIP etc. I'm gonna search for my CD's tommorow, since I know they are somewhere around here. It only jumbled the textures once, and the AI cars are still a little bit funky, but this rules all the same.

Any ideas on why it wont let me change res though? :roll:
Lightfoot
Legend of Sorts

...uh...

Post by Lightfoot »

I don't know why you're limited to 640X480 but I can tell you that your AI issues are addressed in the "Who Loves You?" thread...

See you on the road?
-Lightfoot

http://twitch.tv/dsavage66
http://discord.me/ultrafunk

If only you could see what I've seen...
Ataraxia
Vigilante

Post by Ataraxia »

Yeah, I realised about the AI issues after I posted, even though I've read that post a gazillion times. I need to stop posting when I'm tired. :roll:

As for seeing me back on that burning tarmac, lets hope so. Need to configure the router to let me through, but sooner or later I'll be back in the game. :D