I'76 AI Bug.

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
Rampage
Trunk Monkey

I'76 AI Bug.

Post by Rampage »

The AI controlled cars rapidly jiggle their wheels from 100% left to 100% right, with their brake lights flashing. So they drive slower as normal but they still follow their path.

Anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Rampage out.
Lightfoot
Legend of Sorts

Hmm...

Post by Lightfoot »

Try running in a different video mode...

The Usual instead of D3D would be a good start.

Let us know.
-Lightfoot

http://twitch.tv/dsavage66
http://discord.me/ultrafunk

If only you could see what I've seen...
KIV 6051 [SH]
Legend

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

They always do that, ever since classic. I think it's because they're just stupid or their steering is set to analog when it should be digital.
Rampage
Trunk Monkey

Post by Rampage »

Well i played in Software mode before and after that in D3D but it didn't work out. I didn't have it when i bought the game years ago. I guess it's the new hardware. :(
Rampage
Trunk Monkey

Post by Rampage »

Found out something. When i zoom in on the car in F2 view it's all fixed :S
The Professional
Road Toad

Post by The Professional »

I've had the same problem. Wasn't like that before. Whenever I start the game up, I have to very slowly creep along with Taurus. He used to be a challenge to keep up with during the race sequence.
Rampage
Trunk Monkey

Post by Rampage »

:(
Sean BBB
Road Toad

Post by Sean BBB »

I tried zooming in F2, but it's still there, any other known fixes?
Fnork
4 8 15 16 23 42

Post by Fnork »

I wonder if it could be related to all those other issues (short-range morts, flamethrowers that flicker, etc.) that go along with having the insanely high framerates newer computers can provide?

Extremely "sticky" traction is a known problem (especially on ramps), so it's possible that it affects the AI cars too -- if they were designed for a certain range of framerates and/or tractions values, when they attempt to compensate for something outside of that range you get the weird result of low speeds and wobbling tires.

Of course, that's all just speculation. Someone with the high-framerate problems and a reliable means to lower that framerate to a proper level would have to test it...

Where is that FRAPS-monkey DM when you need him?
Vgamer
Trunk Monkey

Post by Vgamer »

Yep, same problem here. I know pretty much nothing about the internal workings of I76, but that would make sense. Same thing with the camera rotating so fast when you get killed i would assume. So, is it even possible to limit the frame rate like that? If so there must be some program out there that will do it, or if i knew how i could try programming it myself. Sounds like it would be pretty complex though.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
Magnum |HH|
Vigilante

Post by Magnum |HH| »

Are you guys using any USB devices(joysticks,gamepads,ect)? I remember having the same problem before but now that I stick to the keyboard only it is not a problem with my car but I just double checked and the AI is still doing it.I say we all get back on the roads so we don't need the AI :wink:
Lithium |HH|
Nicely Evil

Good point Magnum

Post by Lithium |HH| »

heheh, after i played all the single player missions i never played them again, i stuck it out in multiplayer only. That side of the game was where all my interest was vested.
Magnum |HH|
Vigilante

Post by Magnum |HH| »

I never even played the single player missions when I got the game.It was the first online game I got when I got my first pc and I jumped right on line.I played some of the missions last winter because the roads are empty now :cry:
Rampage
Trunk Monkey

Post by Rampage »

Magnum |HH| wrote:....I say we all get back on the roads so we don't need the AI :wink:
I tried to host a game but my router doesn't let it thru :(
Rampage
Trunk Monkey

Post by Rampage »

The wierd thing is, the demo works without any problems.