Hola!

Updates, current happenings and upcoming events.
GrizZz FD
Floozie

Hola!

Post by GrizZz FD »

Ahoya!

It's been a few moons! Got a text from Light' today, I should join in... But, of course, it's been SO long... The Dell has died (need a new system drive for it, including OS) so it sits on a high shelf. Using my DJ gigging laptop for internet purposes now, so... it's less than ideal but it works. No games on it, It was ONLY for DJing so didn't even have internet up to date... But it's at least working well enough now.

Gaming... Gave up all gaming many many moons ago as well. I'76 and GTAV were my only real two. Ya'll know the history on I'76 and I hung up my GTA keys long ago, took the PS4 into the house for the teenager and haven't brought it back out. Wrung that game right out as well, enough cash to buy pretty much anything, but had pretty much everything, and... Life goes on. Now, I might open solitaire or chess on my cell phone if I need to kill some time at a doctor's office or something, but that's about it.

So, got REALLY into playing in the garage over the past year. Installed the old sound system with some updates into my Jeep. The one year warranty on my new amps is actually up tomorrow. Nice to have boom again. And then the Jeep was on it's last legs (so to speak)... It needed a couple grand (Canadian) in parts to get back to "safe to drive" again... Severe death wobble made it undriveable. So I started pricing all that out. Well, being a parts guy, a couple grand in replacement parts, or another 25% or so and you have a lift kit. And then you price out the quality stuff, not the run of the mill stuff. And then you price out a set of five Mickey Thompson boots for it as well. Soon you're at 5k instead of two to three...

But it's got everything you need, and more.

Then you walk up to the boss, and since I'm the head parts guy now (don't get me started on my two "underlings"), I have a little more power. "Hey Mike, I need a bonus. I want to cut these PO's, and then I want you to make them disappear. Please."

"Okay."

Nice. Lemme tell ya... I installed all of it by myself on a weekend, and then a few extra goodies over the next week or two. Had the tire shop install the Mickey's while I had it on the hoist at my shop. Then afterwards I sent it over to them for a good alignment. This was in August in 30c heat. Then we had three months of DRY weather and then WHAM winter's here. Still haven't found a mud puddle. Ah well, I've had other fun with it.

LOVE my Heep now. Loved it before but now... Yeah, mid-life teenager again!!! If anyone wants to see pics, check me out on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/GrizZz76 You can always contact me on fb messenger as well.

ANYWAY... Trying to get on discord... Don't remember exactly how. The webpage wants a phone number before anything, not even my name or login, so that raises my cackles. Guess I'll see if I can get it working on my cell... I've replaced my cell with a company one so I lost the discord history...

Seeya in a bit, if I'm successful!

(image below is the Jeep, if fb will allow it to be linked)

GrizZz [FD]
A smelly pungent beast, enjoys irritating Light' at all times, passing out in the middle of a game and waking up at 3:00am with the game still running...
Lightfoot
Legend of Sorts

Re: Hola!

Post by Lightfoot »

YAAAAAS!

Welcome back!

:)
-Lightfoot

http://twitch.tv/dsavage66
http://discord.me/ultrafunk

If only you could see what I've seen...