Virtual PC and XP

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
Loaded Dog
Skag

Virtual PC and XP

Post by Loaded Dog »

8) Yikes are those 100W bulbs? Good to see that Legends Never Die! just a little brighter....

ooooo i be the first techie in da house!

Just a quick question about Nitro and XP... anyone ever tried using the Virtual PC software to play Nitro? Essentially it's an OS emulator that you run within your current OS. eg run Windows 98 within Windows XP. In my case i've managed to play and host a few games within the emulator and everything works great... I haven't tried to hook up my stick of joy yet, but i'll keep you posted.

LD
Loaded Dog
Skag

Virtual PC and XP

Post by Loaded Dog »

oooo i like what you've done with the place!! :D

WOOOHOOO! Joystick works perfectly.. Haven't tried running it in d3d yet but i was very impressed with the emulator's performance. You wouldn't know that 2 OS's were running at the same time!

Might see if i can get my hands on a copy of 'vmware' for some testin'. Apparently it's also a very good OS emulator.

LD
Polaris
Road Toad

Post by Polaris »

Hey LD, where'd you get Virtual PC from? I can't get Nitro to run on Win2k, so I'll try Virtual PC out if I can get it...
Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle, but give me a handful of Aggies and I'll win a war
--General Patton
phafu
Skag

New here

Post by phafu »

Hey I'm new here and was trying to install I'76 back into my pc after years of disregard only to find out to my utter disappointment the it doesn't work on XP. I saw your post on virtual pc though and was wondering how is it? Is the game good as new? I really want to get back to playing it again since I'm just finishing college and have nothing better to do with my newly found time.
Bongo
Road Toad

Virtual PC Works Very Well

Post by Bongo »

Virtual PC is the thing to get if you have XP. It's either that or do a Duel Boot on your system, or re-format and install '98 from scratch.

If anyone is interested in help with getting or using Virtual PC please contact me on MSN or ICQ:

mat_b_2003@hotmail.com

Thanks,