Force Feedback & Win98: Gold Edition/NitroRiders

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
F_Slim
Skag

Force Feedback & Win98: Gold Edition/NitroRiders

Post by F_Slim »

Hi there, I have some questions:
(I just managed to get I'76 running again)
When I install the 1.083 patch, there should be force-feedback, right?
Well there isn't, at least with my force-feedback wheel I can't get any. There is no option to turn it on or off either ... any suggestions??
Any config-file I should edit manually?

When I install the GoldEdition Pack, I can't load the game at all. It just crashes before even playing the intro-video.
Same problem with I'76 Nitro Riders.
I have Win'98 (I've heard that this might be a problem but ... well maybe somebody can halp me anyway?)
Magnum |HH|
Vigilante

Post by Magnum |HH| »

Well Win 98 isn't causing your problems.It is the last OS Interstate76' worked on with no hassles.
Are you patching original with that patch or Nitro or nitro riders(same as Nitro pack :?: ,I think)
What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?
F_Slim
Skag

Post by F_Slim »

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I think Nitro Riders and Nitro Pack are the same (it's the same cover-design). Has Nitro Pack been an addon or a standalone version? You don't need the original game to install and play Nitro Riders ...
I don't know how I did it, but Nitro Riders is now working (after a reinstall) :roll:
I also got force feedback to work with v1.083 (I think there were some DDLs missing ... maybe because I have the german version of I76?)

But I have another problem, this time sound-related:
In I76Nitro, or when I update the original game with the GoldEdition Pack, the gunshots are somehow "muted".
For example when you shoot out the side-window, you should hear something like "PTOOOOW, PTOOOOOOW", but all I hear is "PT........ PT........"
Before I install the GoldEdition update on I76, the sound is as it should be.
Fnork
4 8 15 16 23 42

Post by Fnork »

Nitro (-Pack in North America, -Riders elsewhere) is a standalone game, and should work just fine on Windows 98.

It could be a problem with your soundcard, so try disabling that before you start the game. Then, once it's loaded set the number of sound channels in-game to the lowest it can go. Exit the game, reenable your soundcard, then try the game again. This may not help, but it does solve a lot of problems with running it on WinXP.

The Original I'76 did have some issues with Pentium 2 and higher processors, where the game would repeatedly crash when you tried to install or run it, but if you kept trying eventually it would work.
F_Slim
Skag

Post by F_Slim »

Hm, didn't make any difference ... I'm about to get a new soundcard anyway, so maybe this will solve my problem.

BTW: Is there a way to get the additional cars from the Nitro Pack to work in the original game (for single-player melees)??
Fnork
4 8 15 16 23 42

Post by Fnork »

Nope, the extra cars and weapons can only be used with Nitro.
tex [FD]
Legend of Sorts

howdy

Post by tex [FD] »

hi slim
just some 411 here:
interstate 76 is a standalone game-----you dont really need a patch as it causes lag. it does have a gold edition patch, but dont use it, it makes your game an I76/patched gold version that you will never find anyone playing online.

nitro is a standalone game, same thing with the patches, donr use em.

nitro riders is a standalone game and is non U.S. release title.

i 76 gold is a standalone game that sadly, no one plays anymore. (couple people still have it installed tho)

interstate 82 is a standalone game that was a sequel but went down a different road. i think some people still play it.

fnork was correct about the sound card workaround.

you have come to the best place on the planet for assistance on this game.

when you git her up and running, use the server games.igateway.net
and make sure you post on the main board to let us know your ready to play.

cya on the interstates !!!!!!

texbbb....out
Hotsauce!!
tex [FD]
Legend of Sorts

oh yeh

Post by tex [FD] »

i forgot,,,,
to fire up i76 classic (intersate 76)

explore to you installed game and create a short cut on your desktop that points to the i76splash.exe
to play, highlight the shortcut icon and hold enter key till games starts.
now you want to alt tab out and close any garbage---and return to game.
Hotsauce!!