USB Connection?

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
Lithium |HH|
Nicely Evil

USB Connection?

Post by Lithium |HH| »

Alright, i've got a problem connecting online in Nitro at all. It seems to do with my connection to the net being on a USB port, or to a loopback adapater i have. Any ideas?

I've completely disabled the integrated firewall as well as my zone alarm firewall, and followed most other remedies to fixing connection isses. Im at a loss to why it isn't working...
Kowalski
Trunk Monkey

Re: USB Connection?

Post by Kowalski »

Lithium |HH| wrote:Alright, i've got a problem connecting online in Nitro at all. It seems to do with my connection to the net being on a USB port, or to a loopback adapater i have. Any ideas?

I've completely disabled the integrated firewall as well as my zone alarm firewall, and followed most other remedies to fixing connection isses. Im at a loss to why it isn't working...
Aside from your Software Firewalls (Zone Alarm or Windows XP SP2 Firewall) make sure your DSL or CABLE modem device doesn't have one built in. If it does, look for something called a "DMZ Host" and add the IP Address of your PC to that entry. To find the IP Address of your workstation go to a command prompt and type IPCONFIG.

Of course remember that your nitro server is BZ911.COM no more, no less.

Hope that helps.
-Kowalski