hexing

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
tetranius
Trunk Monkey

hexing

Post by tetranius »

hexing is easy as HELL in classic i76. everyone knows we extract the file and change as we please, but what the HELL is with nitro? the gdf's are WHACKY... could they be ANY more different than classic i76? whats the deal?

and ive been comparing 665324 GDFs trying to find out how to edit the rate of fire... can someone tell me which offset ill find the rate of fire at?
Second place is the first loser
Diamond
Vigilante

Post by Diamond »

they're encrypted. find out how to decrypt them and you're set :)
tetranius
Trunk Monkey

Post by tetranius »

wow thanx. its LEGIBLE NOW. so how can i decrypt them myself?

and in classic i76, how do i change the rate of fire?
Diamond
Vigilante

Post by Diamond »

there's a value to change the rate of fire, I've forgotten where it is in the .gdf. just look back in previous threads, I think there are some guides back there somewhere =/
tetranius
Trunk Monkey

Post by tetranius »

nah i searched high and low before i wrote the question, then high and low again once u told me to search again.

thats the LAST thing i wanna fool around with. i wanna make weps do almost no damage, but i want the fire rate to be insane. its ALL gonna be relative
Diamond
Vigilante

Post by Diamond »

http://www.voodoosdump.com/images/soul/untitled.JPG

the circled section of the file is where you'll find the damage rate, fire rate and # of rounds per weapon. use the 'value' thingy at the bottom to compare different files, like a cherub vs. a 30cal for damage rate, a chemical mortar vs. fire dropper for # of rounds, etc. experiment, play with it to find which byte(s) are for what, i've forgotten over the years. this is as far as i'll go, i'm sure LF doesn't appreciate this thread but i like to spread knowledge. and why would you want to be messing with these things 10 years after the game was released? =/
KIV 6051 [SH]
Legend

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

Diamond wrote:and why would you want to be messing with these things 10 years after the game was released? =/
Seven. I'm not ready to be that old just yet. :roll:
tetranius
Trunk Monkey

Post by tetranius »

hah i found the rate of fire on my own. its a 32 bit string at offset 6A. and who cares? all this is for offline play. im UNABLE to play online, so if i wont be making my weps weaker to cheat online, and if i make my weps MORE powerful, then i'd just be an idiot if i play online.

do u remember where i can edit the weapon's behaviour, like missle VS arc, VS bullet, or even more importantly, where i can edit the simple projectile, i wanna make a cluster chem, or a Dr ball o flame
it might be somewhere near the bottom. i know some texture variables are near the bottom. in classic i76, when i shoot a cherub, for instance it makes a huge mushroom cloud explosion heh
KIV 6051 [SH]
Legend

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

How about do us all a favor and make the flamethrower (or better yet the napalm hose) slower and the inward velocity of the mortars weaker? :twisted:
tetranius
Trunk Monkey

Post by tetranius »

about the flamethrowers, i doubled the ammo capacity and doubled the rate of fire and i now have ZERO problems with the sputtering now. i can run in a nice res all the time and my flamethrowers work perfectly. so diamond, spread the word if some of you guys are having problems still with supttering flamethrowers.
KIV 6051 [SH]
Legend

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

Awesome!
What about the broken chat text in 1024 x 768?
:twisted: C'mon, you can do it!
tetranius
Trunk Monkey

Post by tetranius »

the broken what? i dont have that prob
KIV 6051 [SH]
Legend

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

If you use 1024 x 768 you can't see the first line of chat text. You can wait until someone else says something unless no one else says anything and the text vanishes so you never get to read it. It could be fixed if the "text window" was larger or maybe if a different font was used. The fonts are old old DOS fonts, and I haven't gotten any other one of those font types to work.
PanekPL
Vigilante

Post by PanekPL »

Switching to D3D fixes that, but as you know to res goes down to 640x480 :(
---