map installs / XP bug?

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!

Moderator: Wayek

tex [FD]
Legend of Sorts

map installs / XP bug?

Post by tex [FD] » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:09 pm

hey guys, i got a weird problem. buzzkill was able to play on coaster a couple weeks back, now after 2 re-installs, his game wont "see" the custom maps. i went over there and tried myself. we tried hotwired and something else.

i beleive the unzip program was built into XP.

am I missing something?
i looked at the properties of the .ter and .rac files and their size appeared to be right.

suggestions plz...........

Ace English
Angle Grinder Man

Post by Ace English » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:17 am

Maybe compressed folders is confusing something.
R Tape Loading Error

Post by Fixx » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:55 am

I had that exact problem. I was using a win98 install that was on my HD and it was working fine for a while then all of a sudden I couldn't play custom maps. After confirming the installation of them and still having no luck I ended up installing nitro through XP and everything worked fine after that. Then, just recently, I found a folder (in my root directory I think) that resembled the installation folders for maps and found the custom maps that I was trying to play in it. I moved these to the win98 installation and now they work fine on it again. I seems as though my problem may have been something stupid that I did but I thought I checked multiple times and reinstalled the maps over and over again. Doubt this'll help but I thought I should mention it anyway. Maybe try a search for those map files on the HD and see where they pop up.

War what is it good for......
Oil barons and arms dealers.
Not you or me that's for sure!

Legend of Sorts

Post by Lightfoot » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:31 pm

The game isn't properly registered...or has the same symptoms of it...

Regardless, copy all the custom 8-bit maps from MISS8 into ADDON and have him play in "Window" or "The Usual" and let us know from there.
If only you could see what I've seen...