running nitro behind a router

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
sirapacz
Gun Crazy

running nitro behind a router

Post by sirapacz »

well....anyone got any idea how to run i76 behind router to work properly with internet servers?
i want to plaaaaaaaaaay and there is no chance to gain public ip:/

can anyone help me how to resolve that fckn problem?

TIA :))))))))))

sir:)
sirapacz[WoF]
Magnum |HH|
Vigilante

Post by Magnum |HH| »

I believe that Nitro was made before routers so there is no support for them in the game. :cry:
Jon-FactorGUN
Trunk Monkey

Post by Jon-FactorGUN »

Forward port 21155 to your ip address, that is the port used for i'82 I believe it is the same for nitro because they both use the Anet software.
sirapacz
Gun Crazy

Post by sirapacz »

i will try but strangest thing is that, i can play with somebody but i am dropped from the game in about 30 sec
also there are few control problems(steering, guns, etc).
....the last thing which i can do is just connect via modem (@#$%#$%...)
sirapacz[WoF]
KIV 6051 [SH]
Legend

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

sirapacz wrote:i will try but strangest thing is that, i can play with somebody but i am dropped from the game in about 30 sec
also there are few control problems(steering, guns, etc).
....the last thing which i can do is just connect via modem (@#$%#$%...)
Classic symptoms, minus getting dropped. Those symptoms are also present when there are more than one of the same type of protocol stack running and in my experience, when the Windows XP Service Pack 1 firewall is turned on. The only way to cure this is to rewrite the .dll files used for multi-melee, but none of us know how to do it. :cry:
sirapacz
Gun Crazy

Post by sirapacz »

ok....
have you got any idea where from we could get sources of that dlls?

well, i can try to talk with my proffessors to help me with that but i need sources...
or maybe full source of i76? :P

SHOW ME THE SOURCE CODE AND I WILL BRING RAIN:)
sirapacz[WoF]
sirapacz
Gun Crazy

Post by sirapacz »

one more difficulty..... i am not sure but i *think* that also server side should be modified...well.... i have no idea...
sirapacz[WoF]
KIV 6051 [SH]
Legend

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

sirapacz wrote:ok....
have you got any idea where from we could get sources of that dlls?

well, i can try to talk with my proffessors to help me with that but i need sources...
or maybe full source of i76? :P
The sources to the .dll files are not obtainable in any respect at this point. The only thing I can tell you is to go download the updated .dll files for Interstate '82 and compare them to the originals in a hex editor of some sort. You can download the updated ones using this link: http://www.swcp.com/42a/ . I also recommend trying to get into contact with the people who made those files, maybe they could fix Interstate '76 and Nitro Pack as well, or at least give you info as to how they did it.
SHOW ME THE SOURCE CODE AND I WILL BRING RAIN:)
That's what I said, though only after I get a proper education in computer science.
KIV 6051 [SH]
Legend

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

Well, I did some poking around and saw that the dll files for classic and the ones for Nitro are two totally different animals. The classic ones are about 300+ lines, the Nitro ones are ~40 lines. I might do some experimenting sometime soon. I'm not going to promise anything, because tinkering with compiled code is very difficult. The most I might be able to accomplish is see what the difference is between the original I82 and new dll files.
Ace English
Angle Grinder Man

Post by Ace English »

I don't do routers- do you forward all traffic to the relevant ports, ie TCP and UDP? I only ask because for another online (racing) game, people had trouble with lag and dropouts because they didn't release UDP as well as TCP.
---
www.liveforspeed.net
R Tape Loading Error
Jon-FactorGUN
Trunk Monkey

Post by Jon-FactorGUN »

Jon-FactorGUN wrote:Forward port 21155 to your ip address, that is the port used for i'82 I believe it is the same for nitro because they both use the Anet software.

You mean this one which I suggested 10 years ago ;)
Fixx
Vigilante

Post by Fixx »

I think he may have two separate problems. I have a router but when I play I82 or Nitro I physically remove it and reconfigure my network settings. When my router is connected I drop out in about 30 sec. I've tried forwarding ports and even DMZing for I82 and it never worked for me (perhaps I did it wrong though).

The control problems may be an unrelated Nitro bug that I had just last TNE. It seems that if you try to configure too many buttons in Nitro it changes your settings after you leave, go back and you'll see they've changed (if this is your problem). My left/right movement changed from "left/right joystick" to "joysick" and I couldn't steer. After a couple of trys I kept most of my buttons undefined and it was ok.

hope this helps.

War what is it good for......
Oil barons and arms dealers.
Not you or me that's for sure!

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

Are there any weird bugs when behind a firewall/router/or with multiple IP stacks running in Interstate 82? What about with the new dll files?
Diamond
Vigilante

Post by Diamond »

KIV, could you or someone else post the names of the .dll files that need to be rewritten? I've been talking to a few programmers about it and they might be able to come up with something, but nothing for sure yet.

the names of the dll's, along with any other relevant info you guys have pertaining to rewritting them. thanks!
Lightfoot
Legend of Sorts

Uh...

Post by Lightfoot »

I'm pretty sure there's only one that needs to be reworked and that's ANET2.DLL...
-Lightfoot

http://twitch.tv/dsavage66
http://discord.me/ultrafunk

If only you could see what I've seen...