Controller not detecting

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
CruiserVDU
Skag

Controller not detecting

Post by CruiserVDU »

I recently installed I76 a few weeks ago, I was hoping to get back in the swing of things as far as online play goes, but I can't get my Thrustmaster T2 to detect in the game. It detects in Windows, but it just doesnt work in i76!!! DAMN IT! I dont want to use the keyboard :(

does anyone have any idea why it doesnt work?
KIV 6051 [SH]
Legend

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

I76 may only be able to use DOS controllers, or at least older Windows ones. I know that Nitro Pack has support for a steering wheel, but other than that I don't know since I never tried using anything besides a Gravis Gamepad. :?
Wheeler
Vigilante

Post by Wheeler »

I disagree, KIV. I played I76 with a Thrustmaster FF GT wheel, and that's still one of the best out there (I think, not showing off). I doubt I can help, since it just worked the first time. Just wanted to point out that I76 does support wheels, even newer ones. Unlike i82, but that's not relevant here.
I want a Mustang...
Rock on.
Grey Fox [FD]
Judge, Jury and Executioner

Post by Grey Fox [FD] »

Being a fan of the old Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro myself, I am not familiar with the Thrustmaster offerings. However, as far as I know (I maybe wrong), none of the Interstate series will support USB controllers, be it stick, gamepad or wheel. Not without a USB to game port adapter anyway. Cruiser, is this Thrustmaster stick of yours a USB device? :?:
CruiserVDU
Skag

Post by CruiserVDU »

No. Its a 15 pin gameport controller. Must be some dumb XP, i76 conflict or something. No biggie. I'll just use the keypad!!!

I only like to use it for racing anyways. In combat it can be a pain.
Fnork
4 8 15 16 23 42

Post by Fnork »

Grey Fox [FD] wrote:However, as far as I know (I maybe wrong), none of the Interstate series will support USB controllers, be it stick, gamepad or wheel. Not without a USB to game port adapter anyway. Cruiser, is this Thrustmaster stick of yours a USB device? :?:
I've been using a USB stick to play Nitro for the past 3-4 years without any problems whatsoever.

XP probably has issues with the old 15-pin gameports for the same reason it has issues with classic games like I'76. They're old.
Lightfoot
Legend of Sorts

Uh...

Post by Lightfoot »

OK...let's try to spend a few more minutes thinking about the problem and trying to rectify it instead of saying:

"Hmmm, mine ain't broked..."

Cruiser, start by making a copy of your Nitro (or I'76) installation folder.

Use Add/Remove programs and uninstall the game.

Point all of your old short cuts to the copied folders EXE files and remember NOT to run in any 3D modes.

Try that, let me know.
-Lightfoot

http://twitch.tv/dsavage66
http://discord.me/ultrafunk

If only you could see what I've seen...