interstate 76 under win xp

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
Domingu

interstate 76 under win xp

Post by Domingu »

Hi,
Do you know if it is possible to play Intertsate 76 under windows xp ?
I can install the game, but when I want to play a mission the game always ask me to put in the "play CD" even when it is in the computer.
What can I do to result this problem or is it impossible to play under windows xp ?

Best wishes Domingu !
KIV 6051 [SH]
Legend

OH NOES!!1

Post by KIV 6051 [SH] »

The CD issue sounds like the game is referring to the wrong drive. If you have more than one CD drive, try the other one. Also try the tech support forum. You'll hopefully have better luck there. Good luck!
Lightfoot
Legend of Sorts

Well...

Post by Lightfoot »

(Moved to the appropriate forum)

Domingu,

Your problem is quite easily solved.

Enable "Autostart" on the CD drive you wish to put the Interstate '76 disk in. Insert the disk, close the drive and when the game starts, it will either ask you to Install the game or Play the game. If it asks you to install, simply reinstall the game and remember which drive you put the disk in to start. If it asks you to play, play...

If this doesn't help, put in a registration request.
-Lightfoot

http://twitch.tv/dsavage66
http://discord.me/ultrafunk

If only you could see what I've seen...
metallizer
Skag

Post by metallizer »

same thing happened here, I installed it using both of my drives still couldnt get the game to work.

I also notice that both of my drives couldnt read the red book audio files on the game cd.

thegme would still play the intro vids when stated in both drives.

d: LG 52x24x52 cdrw
e: LG 16x dvd

This could be caused by the audio files not being compatible with digital audio and since my drives arent connected with the analog cables I could not test it.

anyway, I went around this problem by installing the no cd crack for i76 classic, it let me pass the problem and the game will still play cut scenes if the game cd is still in the drive.