How to install I76 on 2k?

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
Alice
Vigilante

How to install I76 on 2k?

Post by Alice »

I've been dying to play some I76 lately, but I can't even get it to install on 2k. I'll be using a stripped down version of 98 in a clouple of months (after I strip down 98), but until then, I need my fix. I don't have a copy of 98 that will work at the moment, just bits and peices on a laptop hdd. Any suggestions?
Lightfoot
Legend of Sorts

OK...

Post by Lightfoot »

That's a prickly pear, Alice...

For starters, you're going to have to keep trying the installation until it finally works. It could take you up to 30 tries but eventually, it will install.

After you get it installed, you're going to need to enable compatibility mode. There's a tread here somewhere with the command you need to enter into the "Run" line to make it work.

Once you get those two things done, you're going to have to compromise on a bunch of other details.

First, you can only play in "The Usual" or "Window" modes (2D, 3D just won't fly). Then, you're going to be stuck with the default controller configuration. Trying to adjust it will cause MAJOR issues, assuming you can get the game to launch. If it doesn't launch, remove any USB controllers and if it still doesn't launch, disable your sound card.

That's all you need to know...besides the in's and out's of an NT based O/S...

Good luck.
-Lightfoot

http://twitch.tv/dsavage66
http://discord.me/ultrafunk

If only you could see what I've seen...
Alice
Vigilante

Post by Alice »

Thanks for all of your help, but I figured out a way to get 98 working. I have an OEM copy of 95 that I upgraded to 98. I stayed up all night last night working with it, trying to get all of the drivers to be happy. I'm almost done, just need a few more little things, like an internet connection. Soon I'll be able to rock the 'state in I76 and even host some games in I82. I'm working on stripping down 98 to make an OS that takes up little space and runs games perfectly. I've got one other person interested in working on the project. If I can find a legel way of distributing it, maybe we can get some more players online.