DSL Question

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
Junkin Bones
Skag

DSL Question

Post by Junkin Bones »

I just got DSL yesterday for the 1st time. Since this is my 1st experience with it, I know nothing about it. With that said....

I tried to join the TNE several times tonight and after about 15 seconds I would get booted. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong. Someone said I need to disable my dial-up adapter. Since I've only had dial up, I've never had any reason to disable it.

Can anybody maybe explain how to do this, I don't feel comfortable experimenting with it. I could probably really screw things up LOL.

BTW, I'm running Win98 and my puter works fine connecting to other games BF1942, Nascar thunder etc.

Any help will be apreciated

JB
Fnork
4 8 15 16 23 42

Post by Fnork »

Are you using a router of some sort?

If yes, try bypassing it or disabling it when trying to play Nitro.

If that doesn't work or isn't an option, post up some more info about your system and network settings, and someone else might be able to help you out.
tex [FD]
Legend of Sorts

Post by tex [FD] »

seems like something like this.
run msconfig and go check something there may help you.
click start, run, then type msconfig.

that and what fnork just said
Hotsauce!!
Junkin Bones
Skag

Post by Junkin Bones »

Thanks FN and Tex,

I think I may have the problem solved, not sure though because I havent really tested it yet. I'm not using a router, just a simple DSL modem connected to my USB port. I will try it again thursday nite and if you see me dissappear over and over again then you'll know I'm still having problems.

I'm not giving up and I will keep tweaking it until I figure it out. I'm just way behind in this technology because I live in the sticks LOL.

Thanks again,
JB
tex [FD]
Legend of Sorts

git on it........

Post by tex [FD] »

why dont you ask someone to test with you? then you sould be ready for TNE !!!!!!!!!!

if you see me on icq, ill be glad to test.

over........
Hotsauce!!