Windows 10 is a pain

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
adonael
Road Toad

Windows 10 is a pain

Post by adonael » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Well long story short, I have a spare laptop with windows 10 pro. I was trying to set up Nitro on my spare just in case, or to have a little fun with friends when they visit.

I've followed the instructions of the "The Quick and Dirty" to the letter but I am still having issues.

The laptop runs Win 10 Pro 64 bit with an integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 and a Nivida NVS 4200M.

At first try I was getting the 3DFX screen and then a black screen. Now I get the wonderful "Unhandled Exception" error.

Also is there a preferred way to set up compatibility for Nitro on Windows 10? The Compatibility menu is quite different from 7.

Lightfoot
Legend of Sorts

Re: Windows 10 is a pain

Post by Lightfoot » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:50 pm

Unless you're *REALLY* into computers you're not going to have an easy time of it.

You're probably better off using the native PATCH III NITRO.EXE and running in 8-bit mode and a frame limiter.

It's a *LOT* of work getting it to run in Windows 10 and you have to chop out almost *ALL* the security precautions that are built into the OS.

Then you have to get into the event log and figure out which part of the game is blowing out where...then find a fix.

That's why there's just an audio fix-ish and not an audio fix.

$0.02

-Light'
-Lightfoot
If only you could see what I've seen...