30fps patch for base i76

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!

Moderator: Wayek

GuyFawkesGaming
Trunk Monkey

30fps patch for base i76

Postby GuyFawkesGaming » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:36 pm

After doing a ton of searching for solution, finding some that (sort of) worked, finding some that didn't work, and some that were just click bait trash, I found a fix for the base i76 game's fps problem. A linux/wine user hacked this executable much like our own for nitro. It worked for him, it worked for me. I hope it works for you. here you go, enjoy!

The post where I found this can be found here.
Pay To Win: a video gaming concept for people who don't actually know how to play, but still want to impress their friends.

Speed Demon
Trunk Monkey

Re: 30fps patch for base i76

Postby Speed Demon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Just got the old windows xp dell working again so I'll have to give this a shot. Its been years since I've done the trip, miss the poem button :lol:

Lightfoot [FD]
Obey

Postby Lightfoot [FD] » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:52 am

A couple notable notes here:

He's released a 25fps patch for both I'76 and Nitro Pack...

However, the magic number is 24fps (so you may still experience some issues with flamers) *AND* he ported the unpatched NITRO.EXE so you won't be able to use it in conjunction with Patch III.

Super cool that other people are doing work but it would be super cooler if they'd bother to do a little research before diving in...

A quick inspection indicates that the version of NITRO.EXE in his ZIP is *NOT* the one provided from the installation disk but rather the GOG installer version and may have compatibility issues with Patch III.

I'll have to look at the I76.EXE now, too...stand by.

Caveat empteur!
-Lightfoot [FD]
This is not a democracy...

Speed Demon
Trunk Monkey

Postby Speed Demon » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:19 pm

I ended up downloading the 25fps version as well that night but unfortunately neither actually worked. Both seem to require a dll file I either don't have or have in the wrong spot. Perhaps because its the GOG version as you said LF and not the real versions I have installed off the disc. On the plus side, with the winxp dell working again I can play the I76 trip again in d3d without any extra software at all. Still runs at 60fps so there are issues but hey, its something. Might just stick to recording my single player with fraps, locking the framerate at 24 and deleting the vid after each mission, the hd in the dell isn't that big.

Return to “Tech Support Forum”