So close and yet so far...

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
Ataraxia
Vigilante

So close and yet so far...

Post by Ataraxia »

Ok need some help.

I76: Runs fine, CD is mounted in Dtools and game runs perfect in normal software mode. AI bug is apparent and is stifling the game horribly. Tried GlideWrapper, tried VoodooGL and neither work. D3D mode artifacts and is unplayable, AI bug still apparent.

Nitro runs fine D3D or software mode. AI bug appears in single player from the outside, but in Melee the AI seems to bug every 20-30 seconds or so [I actually got chased for a good 40 seconds at one point, before the AI shit the bed for another 20 seconds and then it was good for 30 seconds etc.

Router blocked my game. I can host in I'76 on internet, IPX fails. IPX and internet seem to work fine in Nitro. Router won't let it through though, that I know for sure. Fraps trick does not work, results in getting 120+ FPS no matter what.

That's my latest foray. So the game works, everythings fine, except the AI. The router we've covered, but I'm nto giving up the idea that it can be fooled into letting it through. I don't exavtly want to setup my old machine just to install 98/ME to play, and even if I do it'll still only be the single player [for now].

Testing the demo to see if there is any difference, since I read the demo may work fine. Update coming.
Lightfoot
Legend of Sorts

...uh...

Post by Lightfoot »

1) Your FPS question has been answered where you first asked the question
2) You can not play Nitro pack from behind a router
3) IPX is not an Internet routable protocol so you can't use to outside your LAN unless it wrapped in an IP packet like Kali would provide
-Lightfoot

http://twitch.tv/dsavage66
http://discord.me/ultrafunk

If only you could see what I've seen...
Ataraxia
Vigilante

Post by Ataraxia »

I need to stop posting tired... :oops:

Ok so Nitro's out, but thats not biggie I guess. I've got Kali, I76 is setup in it, and I did get it working on Internet but I'm not sure if the game would show up or not. We'll have to test that out. I need to work out the time differences between us too. I'll get to that today hopefully. What timezone you running Light?

Atari's almost back in the Funk baby, not long now... :D