NVIDIA 5.3 Drivers

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
Lithium |HH|
Nicely Evil

NVIDIA 5.3 Drivers

Post by Lithium |HH| »

Has anyone encoyuntered problems in I76 and I82 using the NVIDIA 5.3 driver update?

If you haven't because you 'plan' on updating your NVIDIA to 5.3, and still want to play i76 and i82, be sure to have a rollback option. You might experience the many bugs i did.

I encountered Major problems playing the states games, all of them.
Using the 5.3 update on my G Force 5600 Ultra. Still, who knows, maybe your experience will be different if you do update.

Thought id share this info with you all. :)

Cheers!
Lithium |HH|
Nicely Evil

Post by Lithium |HH| »

Well after i saw the benefits to my newer games, using the 5.3 drivers. Ive opted to keep them. Thats where i found a strange yet familiar fix to some problems in i82. I corrected the vehicle steering, and stuttering gameplay by disabling the sound FX in I82. It runs smooth as silk, with no sound. No luck with i76 yet.

My Battlefield 1942, CNC Generals, AVP2, OFP and a few misc others all sped up in framefrate very noticeably, and received nice benifits from the update, so the majority wins with me. I82 is a poor excuse for an autocombat game anyways, no loss here. 75% of the time i play i82 winamp was my ingame sound fx, or um music.
rIFTEr [HSV]
Vigilante

Post by rIFTEr [HSV] »

Yeah. My BF42 upped a nice load after upgrading, my little 5200 can muster along with ease now on 2AA and 2AF :D I do not suggest playing with 8AA and 8AF thou...(Too much for the little card to handle)
Lithium |HH|
Nicely Evil

Post by Lithium |HH| »

Ya know, i thought id hate BF1942 when it came out, and mostly due to the hype or whatever it had. Ya know new game and all. Hell ive knocked it for some time until, i spent an hour playing DC 0.6F. Now ive discovered its the best damn game in years ive ever played. It feels like I76 and OFP in one.

Dont get me mistaken, i hate that shit i82 mod on BF, but those serious and very well balanced mods like DC, well they just make the 300meg downloads worth it.

As for the 5.3 updated Drivers, same thing here, a noticable increase in everything.

The best part is, to top it off, i just added a new sound card and it solved those pesky i82 probs. I76 is still out of my range though:( The best of both worlds, even if one is tiny as hell.
rIFTEr [HSV]
Vigilante

Post by rIFTEr [HSV] »

I do not find DC 0.6F all that great. I have found way too many exploits in this release for me to enjoy a single game of it, thus I have stopped playing that mod. I am getting some time in playing that Experince World War 2 mod, very nice mod indeed, the fact they have Canadians in it is a plus for me. Juno Beach :D

Lithium, you really might want to check out the Dead Cities mod and the Wasteland 2042 mod. They both are vehicular based and look very impressive. If you want to check Dead Cities out, check out a couple articles down on http://www.shockauto.com for an update. That big rig owns anything in BF1982. If you are ever looking for a game, post at Shockauto, I often host up a server for a few games here or there, HSF play most of the current mods out (DC, EoD, FH, BG42...etc) Althou 3 of us are on the BF1982 team, we hardly play it. It is a nice mod, but nothing spectacular, I really want CTT for it. (That is the only thing that can make me play it on a constant basis)
Lithium |HH|
Nicely Evil

Post by Lithium |HH| »

Thanks for the heads up.

As for BF 1942, i enjoy DC with soldiers, and not so much the vehicles. Co-op and death match mostly. Then theres the 1982 mod which i think is far to unbalanced, low rank, and a complete mockery of the originals for me to even bother with. Now and then ive tinkered in EoD, but normal stock play seems to be the only sure fire gg.

Im still looking into other mods, but i havent been playing much of anything lately. Begining of the year is getting busy for me.