Glide Wrapper

Answers to all your Interstate dilemmas!
Fixx
Vigilante

Glide Wrapper

Post by Fixx »

Anyone have experience with that Glide Wrapper.

I set it up and it works for the most part but after a few minutes of playing I get some odd visual artifacts. It's like the wrong bitmaps are being loaded for stuff, the roads turn into billboards and the sky has a giant wheel in it... stuff like that. If I continue to play it gets worse and worse but if I hit ESC to get the popup menu then hit ESC again to go back to the game it clears up.

So far I've played with most of the settings in the wrapper and nothing makes a difference. It does look awesome so I would like to keep using it.

Any Ideas?

War what is it good for......
Oil barons and arms dealers.
Not you or me that's for sure!

...yup...

Post by Lightfoot »

...don't use it...

Instead, change your Nitro Pack command line from the PIF to this:

"C:\Program Files\Activision\I76Nitro\nitro.exe" -d3d

That will force D3D mode and should give you the stability and the graphics you need.
-Lightfoot

http://twitch.tv/dsavage66
http://discord.me/ultrafunk

If only you could see what I've seen...
Bogdan
Skag

Post by Bogdan »

I have been toying with the glide wrappers too..and results are the same. The problem happens when something blows up (like a car or building). The easiest way to test is to fire a rocket at a building in a melee game. Mayhem begins..
I have tested this both on an nvidia and an on-board intel graphic based systems, with 2 glide wrappers (dgvoodoo and zeckensack's). Results are identical. I guess it's a no-go (too bad because the game looks quite peachy at 1024x768 32 bits). Maybe smth wrong with the game itself?
Bogdan
Skag

Post by Bogdan »

Browsing through the forum i found out this is a general problem when running glide. Double-hit esc (enter-exit menu) and you're fine. This has to be done after each explosion.