"A Lifetime" - Commentary and discussion

Tales of the Interstate

Moderator: Redline Fox

HMMurdock_00
Vigilante

Post by HMMurdock_00 »

I got it *voice of brain for the cartoon pinkey and the brain* Try and take over the world.:)

What about something like Ace mentioned, some kind of experimental weapon the creepers are trying to steal from the government and use on the normals.

Or...

Taking the samething about the weapon, what if the creepers where hired by the government to transport the weapons and protect during transport, not to mention cops, government agents all being in on this. The vigilantes want to try and steal and destroy the weapon to protect the normals from a fascist form of government.

several ways to do it.
"I'm Being Held Together by Duct Tape."

"It's not nice to talk about crazy people behind their backs."
Ace English
Angle Grinder Man

Post by Ace English »

Actually, I think it'd be a refreshing change to have a conspiracy that didn't involve the government being behind it all.
---
www.liveforspeed.net
R Tape Loading Error
Fixx
Vigilante

Post by Fixx »

How about a big corporation :lol: JK.

I think the problem with someone other than a big corporation or government being behind a conspiracy is that a conspiracy usually requires vast resources of some sort or another. Drug cartels have also been overdone. Aliens maybe .... nah been done. Wait an idea is forming ...

An alien drug cartel selling drugs to the government through a big corporation :wink:

One thing for sure, Wheeler has a tough job ahead. To be original when its all been done.

War what is it good for......
Oil barons and arms dealers.
Not you or me that's for sure!

Post by Ace English »

You don't need to be original, but it's worth bearing in mind the setting- the groups and individuals at conflict would be different in stories set in 1977, 1983, and 2002. Sometimes it is good to pick something fairly well trodden, in order to keep the whole thing within the zeitgeist of the era, and then you can focus on the characters, and the story itself. Unless you're aiming to make a grander statement, politically or philisophically, in which case it could also be fun to take something anachronistic/out of context. How would autovigilantes deal with issues that are on the front pages of today's newspapers? How would this play out in the era of Funk, or the age of women with big shoulderpads, as opposed to the new millennium?
---
www.liveforspeed.net
R Tape Loading Error
Wing Nut OOA
Not "The WingNut"

Post by Wing Nut OOA »

if it was a secret hi tech weapon that belonged to the government, why do the vigs have it. something of such importance would be much more heavily guarded.

however the force in which the creepers were willing to use to get it proposes that its much more than "a lot of ammo"

hacked cars could be somewhat probable but only some aspects and they would need to be explained in a feasable way.

if it was unlimited armor or just extraordinary armor. it must be some experimental technological breakthrough ultra light ultra strong. but explanation is important for readers to relate.

maybe if the vigs turned out to be a part of a much larger vigilante organization and were only temporarily holding the truck while it was on the "underground rail road" on its way to somewhere

something that needed final completion, that would be devastating to the creeper forces.

that would explain why they were trying to move it and also why it was lightly guarded in proportion to its importance.

maybe a prototype A.I. car that could engage creepers without endangering vigilante lives.

well scratch that. taht would eventually do away with the need for vigilantes and we dont want that do we : )

how bout a truck load of pepsi products. the creepers are just really thirsty and the vigs want tthem to dehydrate and die...
Fnork
4 8 15 16 23 42

Post by Fnork »

Wing Nut VMA wrote:how bout a truck load of pepsi products. the creepers are just really thirsty and the vigs want tthem to dehydrate and die...
Make it Diet Pepsi and Puff Daddy (Puffy, P.Diddy, or whatever the hell his name is this week) can make a cameo appearance as the driver - although, that would work against the idea that the creepers DON'T want to blow it up... :D
HMMurdock_00
Vigilante

Post by HMMurdock_00 »

I blow the hell out of that truck, for two reason: 1. I hate Pepsi, 2: I don't like "Puff Daddy (Puffy, P.Diddy, or whatever the hell his name is this week)".

The AI car would be a bad idea if it was used a experimental law enforcement vehicle and was replacing the cops. That have to be done in the 80's though, the computers and such.

What about a prototype vehicle, i.e. car, truck, van, even military type. Something new that was fast, powerful, and rare. Something everyone would want.

You do a humorus type of turn on it, like the bad guy uses the same old plan and while the heros are tied up and the bad guy is telling the plan a person says, "That same old thing, my god boy you are one boring pos, why not spice it up some.":)

Alot can be done just needs to be thought out carefully.
"I'm Being Held Together by Duct Tape."

"It's not nice to talk about crazy people behind their backs."
Redline Fox
Crazy Vulpine

Post by Redline Fox »

Just finish it!
Wheeler
Vigilante

Post by Wheeler »

Okay, I'll do my best to get a new installment this week.

I have pretty much thought out what is in the truck, with the help of all you guys here. Thanks.

It's just that whatever I begin doing, I just end up playing guitar all day.
I want a Mustang...
Rock on.
Redline Fox
Crazy Vulpine

Post by Redline Fox »

Wheeler: In keeping with the forum guidelines, please try to finish the story soon.

Once you get it finished, we will rearrange the thread so that the story is not broken up by all of the comments and discussion. As of right now, it is a real mess.
Lightfoot
Legend of Sorts

Ahoy...

Post by Lightfoot »

RLF can you MOVE posts or haven't I empowered you with that function yet?

If you can, I'd set about deleting this post and making "A Lifetime" Commentary thread...before it's too, too late...
-Lightfoot

http://twitch.tv/dsavage66
http://discord.me/ultrafunk

If only you could see what I've seen...
Redline Fox
Crazy Vulpine

Post by Redline Fox »

I'm going to give it a week or so before I start moving stuff around. Depends if I see any progress or not, so I know if two threads would be neccesary.
Redline Fox
Crazy Vulpine

Post by Redline Fox »

Goddamn you Fnork!
Wheeler
Vigilante

Post by Wheeler »

Holy shit! I better get to work!!
I want a Mustang...
Rock on.
shredmaster
Trunk Monkey

Post by shredmaster »

Ace English wrote:Actually, I think it'd be a refreshing change to have a conspiracy that didn't involve the government being behind it all.
Yeah, the OPEC / Mafia Conspiracy in I76 was great. Perhaps do something along those lines :D