Universal Concepts

Tales of the Interstate

Moderator: Redline Fox

Redline Fox
Crazy Vulpine

Universal Concepts

Post by Redline Fox »

Sooooo....

Anyone have ideas they'd like to throw out or discuss?

:-P

(And yes, I have been reviewing the stories by Big-O and Wheeler.)
Lightfoot
Legend of Sorts

Timelines...

Post by Lightfoot »

So, I've always been under the assumption that the timeline for the "recorded Interstate" runs parallel with the timeline that occured in the "real world"...so 1996 would be 1976 and currently it is 1984...though I'82 kind of borks that up, being released a few too many years early...

:roll:
-Lightfoot

http://twitch.tv/dsavage66
http://discord.me/ultrafunk

If only you could see what I've seen...
Fnork
4 8 15 16 23 42

Post by Fnork »

That's a decent assumption to make. As far as the ages of characters go, at least in what I've written, it's an accurate one too.

When we were writing Kids 'n' Vigs, RLF and I put a lot of careful thought into the exact dates when things would occur, so they would fit into the overall storyline and a few major world events
Redline Fox
Crazy Vulpine

Post by Redline Fox »

Somethings had to be played with in order for a workable timeline to be created.

For example, not being 100% accurate for every player's character, in as they would have fit into a real time sense.

1975 is the earlist story I wrote, but of course, I did'nt start playing the game in 1995 or 96 for that matter. Light's would probably be the earlist story in the Interstate universe timeline, that I am aware of, but its more of a setup story then an actual tetris piece in the auto-wars.

I think we've done a very good job attaining a high degree of continuity in the stories. Though, maybe could use some more, different perspectives.
Ace English
Angle Grinder Man

Post by Ace English »

I used Redline's timeline plus the stuff from the community stories to map out a timeline for the stuff I've got going on, and I've tried to keep it consistent with those stories (not a huge deal as I don't use many "real" vigs) but also with the comings and goings of the gunfighters as a team- as in who joined when, etc.

I'm mainly writing around the '83 time period (I know it doesn't look like I've been writing much, but I haven't been writing in order so it's backing up a bit).

The big community story I keep forgetting the name of- that's June 83 I think, but I couldn't use 83 as a proxy for 2003 in terms of what I was doing because of that- that was what 2,3 years ago, but the contributers I guess were writing in the "here and now" for their characters. That being the case, I make it currently about 86 or something.
---
www.liveforspeed.net
R Tape Loading Error