Map Reviews: Scratch

No map for melee mission? No worries! The fastest and easiest way to get your hands on the latest maps, conversions and fixes. Administrated by the man himself.

Moderator: Lightfoot

Wayek
Snowback

Map Reviews: Scratch

Post by Wayek »

made by: DIVER
length: 3:15
car used: 'rhana

Well, the newest map we've had in 10+ years and this one comes from DIVER. Anyone who is familiar with his work will recognize his style and this one has his name written all over it with objects and buildings a-plenty which make this map a cross between a race map and a challenge map....however things get a little mixed up here when it comes to that .. Exactly what is it? a challenge or race map? sure you can race the map okay, but there are a few areas where to perhaps DIVER's idea was to use guns but you just simply move around the objects or ram into them to turn the shacks into jumps. It's not really one of his masterpieces like Ruins but it was something nice for after many years of not being active that he gave us this and it's an easy enough map to get through even if you aren't having to shoot your way through it...I'm not gonna classify it as a race or a challenge but more of an obstacle and this persons maps have a certain style to them which kinda puts them in their own territory that is a little hard to explain... Out of a rating of 5 it is a little difficult to rate this one because I can't tell what it is...I like the map, I have fun running it, but I'm not clear on what it really is supposed to be asides from a DIVER map but I guess that's fine the way it is. I'll put it at 3/5 for originality on his part cause it's a really well put together map but with all the place holders, and objects, and ghost cars, and all that crazy shit, it really just causes more lag in a multi-player game and I'll be honest, it's nice to look at, but we don't need all the unnecessary objects that bog us down when we're trying to have a good time.
Bring water to a boil. Lightly salt and oil. Add pasta. Cook until al dente...
Wayek
Snowback

Re: Map Reviews: Scratch

Post by Wayek »

If anyone else has something to say about this map I'd like to hear it ..... don't be afraid to post your own review too people!
Bring water to a boil. Lightly salt and oil. Add pasta. Cook until al dente...