I76/Nitro Map Editor FAQ

A relic of a bygone era...the theory board is for discussion of game play, car design and map making. A place where seasoned vigilantes and fresh bell-bottoms can share their ideas.
DIVER
Vigilante

I76/Nitro Map Editor FAQ

Post by DIVER »

You in trouble? Here is the Answer. Concerning Map Editor and binary works for mission file, any questions welcome.

+ no .ter found : to export .lvl .MSN .ter , you have to give a name ***.i76 palette file within 8 letters for ****,
+ my map won't show upon da list : (NitroPack) you have to change file extention from ***.MSN to ***.CBT to let it appear on the list.
+ my map crashes : Didn't you delete all SPAWN vehicles? At least 1 SPAWN vehicle needed.
+ my map crashes : "Map" is consist of ***.CBT or ***.RAC and ***.TER drop both of them into miss16/8
+ still crashes : Check World Defs in the editor, you have to set Horizon Definition File(***.HZD). none.HZD is ok.
+ race map crashes : when you make a check points, be sure to tyepe check1 in lower case. its not CHECK1. check* works but CHECK* crashes.
+ when I hit object in my map, it crashes : You have to select certain Class ID for an object, wrong Class ID may cause crash.

+ whats .ASS and .IXP : its not a part of map, its just a calc data. you can delete them. make a new ***.txt file and write
del *.ASS
del *.IXP
del grade.txt
del height.txt
then save and exit text editor. rename the text like delasswith.bat every time you save ***.i76 (export) , double click the .bat file, it deletes 4files above.

+ ...my map crashes : do never pile an objects up, expecially the shape of the object, it cause crash.
+ crashes... : you have to give a Class name for an object, do not let noname objects exist in your map.
+ but crashes... : DO NEVER place an object or mountain marker or a road marker on glid line in the editor, it will sure to make a crash, its not your fault.

+ my map is laggy : I ever tried placing more than 200 objects in a 4 square map. I remember how laggy it was.... reduce objects.
+ ur map is laggy : CTRL+Q helps you.
+ unknown bug with the editor, I can't delete an object, its not selectable! help! : delete the AREA, it may solve...
+ made a map with cars, they attacks me, I cant drive around : load up the map online. check ur IP address in command console and add it as new server. you can host a map local.
Lightfoot
Legend of Sorts

Re: I76/Nitro Map Editor FAQ

Post by Lightfoot »

The sage weighs in:

All your first points are correct, however, they're covered in the Builder guide.

You should start by pointing people here.

*my map is laggy: (No one maps anymore except you and I and we know this)
*ur map is laggy: CTRL+Q (Quits the game, kind of funny but not helpful)
*unknown bug with editor, I can't delete an object, its not delectable! help! (Change Object type on tool bar to the one you're trying to delete)
*made a map with cars, they attacks me, I cant drive around: (That's what happens when you play Instant Melee. The not being able to drive around thing seem to be exclusive to you. AI pathing and objects do not work online.)
-Lightfoot

http://twitch.tv/dsavage66
http://discord.me/ultrafunk

If only you could see what I've seen...
DIVER
Vigilante

Re: I76/Nitro Map Editor FAQ

Post by DIVER »

The original documet which I'76 team released should be as is..

one more critical crash happend today.
+Map editor suddnly crashed. : Do never drag (and try to drop) object across the several area/glid, it let the editor crash. no time to save...
DIVER
Vigilante

update for asset bibile

Post by DIVER »

released the complete asset bible# 4th edition.
http://www.h2.dion.ne.jp/~ruins/76lab/i76cab4.zip

oh 15 years has passed.....
DIVER
Vigilante

to disconnect roads

Post by DIVER »

LOL in this 2017.
I'm reading officially released multi-player mission builder(Mar 13th 1997) once again. and found it...

How to disconnect linked road
Hold CTRL and click on linked road (linked start/end marker) to release.

It's what I didn't knwo. ma-n.

Also for string object : limit length is 20. Class ID would be sign.
(or gate as I mentioned in Asset bible# 4th Edition.)

Max usable area(glid) with i76editor is 80.
81th area will not be enabled by the editor.

That's good o me, printed out the document in 1998....